Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yesternight, I was singing in the shower and I thought of the following lines as part of a song I was composing on the spot. I refuse to disclose the other parts of the song due to its weirdness. :D

“I’d smile even if a lightning bolt hit my head,
Because if I could, it means that I’m not dead.”

For me, happiness is realized in the fact that you’re alive. You have decisions to make, opportunities to grab, and time for many things happen. There’s still so much more in store for you, I’m sure and it’s a waste not to realize this. Seize the day and look to the future as well. A little speed bump in the journey is just normal, and we shouldn’t quit just because we fail. Happiness comes from the will to continue living.

It’s also something that shouldn’t take much effort, because too much effort takes away happiness. It’s acquired in the simplicity of things around you. All around, you can find sources of happiness! Such as a fallen branch that you can swing around, pretending to be a hero of great swordplay skill. Of course, everyone will think that you’re a loser or weirdo of some sort but in all likeliness, they’re just jealous that you don’t let your inhibitions take over you. Trust me, that’s the real reason why they try to discourage you from doing such things. Society is naturally crab-minded. Happiness comes from the individual’s freedom from his shame and reticence.

Happiness is gratitude and appreciation for the ordinary. Always wanting more is greed, but we should always be wary of complacency. We will never be truly happy if we never are satisfied, and satisfaction is easier to achieve than you think. An open mind is all you need to see that there’s more to some things than can immediately be noticed. Realistic positivity will help you squeeze the happy sap out of every moment. Happiness comes from being absorbent of the veiled abundance that surrounds us.

But you know what, screw that crap. It’s nice and all, but it doesn’t help a person who’s in a hurry to understand what happiness to me is. So let me give you what happiness is in a nutshell.

Happiness is being able to smile a genuine smile, without awkwardness or hesitation.

-Robby Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment