Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happiness (from Jay Pangilinan)

What is happiness? As far as I know, happiness is a feeling; a feeling one feels when something good happens. As for me, I feel the happiest when I see other people happy. I also feel happy when I am able to accomplish something. Accomplishing something like learning a new piano piece, or getting honors, or even finishing my homework every day. There are other times that I feel happy, like when I receive gifts.
Although this might be what is happiness is for me, others might disagree, because I think happiness is a subjective thing. What might make someone feel happy might make someone else puke with disgust. So, what really is happiness? I can’t see it, I can’t hear it, I can’t taste it, and I can’t smell it. I guess I can feel it. I guess I can tell if I see a happy person or not, yet I think I can only feel it.
I can’t really say what happiness is, except that it is a feeling, and many people spend a lot of time trying to figure out what exactly happiness is, and how to attain absolute happiness. As far as I’m concerned, absolute happiness is impossible to attain, especially since there are so many things that hinder absolute happiness, like terrorists, criminals, world hunger, and the simple fact that life just isn’t fair and is definitely not the perfect world that you would want.
Despite all this, the little things I like can make me happy, though it may not be absolute happiness; at least I’m a little happy.

(Si Jay naman ngayon. Guys, utaaaaang :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment