Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happiness by JP Tianco

I don't really know what happiness is. I do not know where and how it is found. It seems that I don't know much about happiness, I believe that I have wonderful experiences with happiness. Through these experiences, I have built my own idea of happiness.

When I was a child, I used to crave for the ice cream sold by street vendors. However, my mom wouldn't allow me to buy. i used to stare at the vendor, literally drooling as he passes by. One day, I saved my own money, approached the vendor, and bought my very first dirty ice cream. My mom saw and she scolded me. But the joy that my tastebuds experienced was far greater than my mom's anger. This, for me, is happiness at work.

Now, as a teenager, I rarely have the time to do nothing, to just sit down and let things happen to me. The world I live in us much busier than before. I take for granted the things that were once so valuable for me, like the dirty ice cream that was once the best thing in the world. Then, a week ago, I saw another ice cream vendor on the street. I bought one and remembered the same taste of the ice cream years ago.

These things do not really define happiness, but they make me remember the times that happiness enters my life even for just a short time. Well, happiness, for me, is the feeling after you work really hard for the you really want, and the memories it bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment