Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happiness rawr

Happiness for me is very vague. Vague in a sense that it's hard to describe and I feel it a lot of times. I don't know how to define happiness, because there's just no definite definition to it for me right now. Happiness, I guess, is the feeling of feeling good about something.

Yes, that might be very broad, but happiness really does cover a lot of things. It's that big, that I can't even explain what I think it is in simple words. I'm still in a point of my life where I don't truly know when I am truly happy. What I do know though, is that I feel certain simple and shallow moments of happiness.

Those are the times when I would get a high grade on a quiz, or when I would score a basket in basketball. Yes, these are times when I feel momentary happiness, which often fade out after a while. Happiness for me right now, is nothing serious and something that I take for granted. I wish I could reach that stage in my life when I would truly experience happiness, maybe when I'm in love, or maybe when I win the lottery. Then again, I wouldn't really know because maybe even then, I would only experience the same simple and shallow happiness that I do now.

So I guess I can't sincerely answer the question, "what is happiness?". What I do know, is that I experience something which seems like it. Again, I can never be sure, but for now, that would be my own version of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment