Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The End (?)

[This isn't graded. I just felt I needed a place to tell this.]

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life."

That line made me so miserable the moment I heard it. I was literally holding my tears back :((

I guess it's a mutual feeling in the whole class. Everybody was sad to see Mrs. De Peralta leave. We've known it since the start of the school year, but it just became a harder pill to swallow as time passed by. Honestly, I have no idea how Ma'am affected us this much; personally, I think it was just a relief to be out of 2nd Year English. But no, I'm quite sure Ma'am did more than take us out of there. I mean SO MUCH MORE than that.

As I tried to draw Ma'am on the illustration board as accurate as I could (sorry if it doesn't look like you, Ma'am :))), I can't help but be a bit depressed. She was leaving the class and the class loved her. By that time, we had no idea (or didn't remember) why she had to go. We didn't want that to happen; we've started great, and I just don't want anything like this to end in something opposite.

On the day itself, I was sure everybody was thinking of how to say goodbye to Ma'am. Things like this shouldn't just crumble like that. We wanted to make Mrs. De Peralta feel like we were worth remembering, because she was for us.

And then she told us she was leaving for good, and perhaps we wouldn't see her again. Talk about heartbreakers. :((

That we were her last class EVER. More heartbreaker stuff. =((

[On a more personal note, I can die peacefully now, after hearing Ma'am speak in Filipino. It was one of the things on my "Things That Should Happen Before I Die" List.]

We can't say how much you meant to us Ma'am. I don't know where to start. I don't even know when to end. Ma'am, it's just...

...we can't explain it enough in words how much it meant for us to be your students, and the last ones to boot. :D

We can't accept the fact that the credits are now rolling in front of our eyes. But life goes on, and however much it may make us miserable to think that 3rd Year English does not anymore include Mrs. De Peralta, we still need to get the show going, 'cause that's the only way to show how much you meant to us :D

At least you could have finished the year with us, Ma'am. It would have really made 3rd Year really really really nice. But in the end, it's your choice to make, and whatever you choose, Ma'am, we'll be behind you, supporting :D :>

I hope you'll never forget us Ma'am, because I'm a hundred percent sure we won't.

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life"

Mrs. De Peralta, we'll always remember you, and we love you! >:D<

1 comment:

  1. A bit belated, but thank you, Gab.:) There is nothing more I can say without lessening the depth of my gratitude. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete